St. Wenceslaus School Established in 1878
The first school building opened in 1878 and was quite modern, built of brick and having two stories. It cost $3,500. Its first teachers were six laymen and by 1880, the School Sisters of Saint Francis had arrived. They served our community for 116 consecutive years. Nearly 200 nuns served more than 900 years! The first graduating class in 1908 consisted of one woman and her name was Christina Yackly. An estimated 3,515 people have graduated from St. Wenceslaus School.
School Advisory Board
Home & School